So you went out for a trip with friends (or all by yourself) forgetting about that bright bottle of sunscreen. Hours pass and you finally are back home with sunburn and rashes. Painful right? Well, we have some good news for you! There’s this plant commonly known as Aloe Vera that can be the solution to all your problems! Aloe Vera is often known as the cactus looking plant that hides numerous benefits under its gel flesh. This very gel from the Aloe Vera plant has been widely used throughout history to treat burns, skin conditions and to simply hydrate the skin.
Slice open the triangular Aloe Vera leaf, we can see three layers of the gel flesh. The innermost layer containing a clear gel that is supposed to be made of 99% water and the rest are 75 potentially active ingredients. This inner layer is often extracted and is cold compressed to keep the ingredients active.
The Aloe Vera gel might not be sufficient to repair the skin but when combined with other skin care products the Aloe Vera gel can work wonders.
- 1 Here are the 7 Best Aloe Vera Gels for Dry and Troubled Skin
- 1.1 1. Miracle of Aloe – Aloe Relief 99% Gel
- 1.2 2. Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera 100% Gel
- 1.3 3. Essential Oil Labs Aloe Vera Gel
- 1.4 4. HoneySkin Organics – Natural & Organic Aloe Vera Gel
- 1.5 5. Fruit Of The Earth Aloe Vera Gel Pump
- 1.6 6. Green Leaf Naturals Organic Aloe Vera Gel
- 2 Benefits of Aloe Vera Gel
- 3 Side effects of Aloe Vera Gel
Here are the 7 Best Aloe Vera Gels for Dry and Troubled Skin
1. Miracle of Aloe – Aloe Relief 99% Gel
First up on our list is the Miracle of Aloe – Aloe Relief 99% gel, is a product with concentrated gel constituents in it. The product is paraben free and has got no added chemical fragrance. The bottle has been designed to give out the optimum quantity of gel in one press of the atomizer. The gel leaves no residual upon application and comes with the versatility to be either applied directly or be mixed with some other cream and then applied.
Pros and Cons of Miracle of Aloe – Aloe Relief 99% gel
- The gel is versatile. It can be applied directly or can be mixed with other creams for added effect
- The gel is great for sunburns, bites, cuts, scrapes, itching and other skin issues
- Aloe Vera used to make this product was harvested and immediately processed to maintain freshness
- It is 99% Aloe gel while the 1% is safe grade preservative to retain freshness
- The bottle packaging is not travel-friendly
The Miracle of Aloe – Aloe Relief 99% gel is amazing for situations when the skin has endured burns or is dehydrated. Aloe vera gel has abundant of a compound known as polysaccharides, this compound encourages skin repair. Whereas, due to the fact that Aloe Vera has huge portions of water in it, hydrating the skin is a water game for the product. Aloe vera gel contains compounds, such as acemannan, that suppress inflammation.Buy This Product At Amazon
2. Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera 100% Gel
Next up is the Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera 100% Gel. Though, it should be noted that there are few preservatives added in the product to increase its shelf life. The gel is smooth and spreads evenly upon application. Though no chemical is added for fragrance, the Aloe Vera extract gives out a very faint fragrance. The gel is neither too flowable neither it is too lumpy.
Pros and Cons of Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera 100% Gel:
- The product can be used to treat skin allergies or even to keep the skin hydrated
- The gel is not too flowable neither is it lumpy
- No residual is left after application
- Gel tubes are available in two package variants
- The product is 100% gel and not 100% Aloe Vera Gel
The Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera 100% Gel is an amazing, travel-friendly and is an easy to use product. The tube can be carried around and applied wherever, whenever the consumer wants to. Although not 100% Aloe Vera, the product has a fair portion of Aloe content in it. Got sunburns? Or itchy allergic reaction? We got you covered with the Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera 100% Gel.Buy This Product At Amazon
3. Essential Oil Labs Aloe Vera Gel
The EOL Beauty’s Aloe Vera Gel is one of the most versatile healing skin treatments available in the market. It can be used to repair and restore irritated, sun-damaged or newly shaven skin. Whereas, a blend with shampoo can help fight dandruff, dry scalp and hair fall. The gel spreads out evenly on the skin and instantly cools the affected area. The gel is a must-have after shaving sessions.
Pros and Cons of Essential Oil Labs Aloe Vera Gel:
- The Essential Oil Labs Aloe Vera Gel can be used for hair and scalp treatment
- With its ability to flow, the gel covers ample of surface area upon application
- The product yields a soft and faint fragrance of Aloe Vera
- The product is ideal for at home luxury treatments as the packaging does not allow it to be carried around
On days when you are under the sun, like literally under the sun, the Essential Oil Labs Aloe Vera Gel is all that you need once home. The product is quite versatile when it comes to application. Mix a small portion of the gel in your night cream and experience the ultimate repair of both, the cream and the Aloe Vera Gel. Moreover, add a spoon or two in your shampoo and get rid of all your hair problems. The product is versatile in every way you can think of.Buy This Product At Amazon
4. HoneySkin Organics – Natural & Organic Aloe Vera Gel
Want a natural remedy for eczema or psoriasis that has been bothering you for ages now? Well, here we have for you the HoneySkin Organics – Natural and Organic Aloe Vera Gel. The gel has extremely good coverage capability. Skin is a big film of elastic. Weight gain or loss, injuries or even skin ailments causes the skin to endure one or other kind of manipulations. Aloe Vera is rich in compounds that can actively help in restoring the elasticity and form of the skin without much side effects.
Pros and Cons of HoneySkin Organics – Natural & Organic Aloe Vera Gel:
- The gel is excellent to be used for eczema and psoriasis
- The product not only contains Aloe Vera gel, but it also has abundant of infused Apple & Orchid stem cells
- The gel spreads out evenly and does not leave residual upon application
- The infused Apple and Orchid stem cell may cause allergic reactions to some
Aloe Vera also contains many antioxidants, such as beta carotene, vitamin C and vitamin E. This improves the skin’s natural firmness, helps keep it hydrated and thus fights signs of aging. This particular Aloe Vera Gel is infused with Apple & Orchid stem cells, which have a very potent effect of preserving, rejuvenating and promoting new cell growth, for overall age-defying skin treatment.
5. Fruit Of The Earth Aloe Vera Gel Pump
Straight from mother nature’s heart comes the next product in our list, the Fruit Of The Earth Aloe Vera Gel Pump. The product comes in a twin package that has got a pump. The pump delivers the optimum quantity of gel in one press. The gel is versatile enough to accompany your shampoo during bath sessions or creams during the brush and palette show.
Pros and Cons of Fruit Of The Earth Aloe Vera Gel Pump:
- The user gets two bottles at a very affordable price tag
- The pump helps in deriving optimum quantity of Aloe gel
- The gel spreads out evenly and leaves no residue after it absorption
- The packaging is not travel-friendly
The pump delivers the optimum quantity of gel in one press. The gel is versatile enough to accompany your shampoo during bath sessions or creams during the brush and palette show. With a faint fragrance, the gel never gets too much into the head even if it is applied in abundance. Whereas, its ability to spread evenly makes it eligible for massage therapies as well.
6. Green Leaf Naturals Organic Aloe Vera Gel
The Green Leaf Naturals Organic Aloe Vera Gel is a smooth and flowy extract from the plant of immortality. The package contains 99.75% of certified organic Aloe Vera Gel and the remaining 0.25% is a very small portion of safe preservatives that eliminate the need for refrigeration and just enough natural thickener (a tiny amount of xanthan) to help the aloe coat and penetrate your skin smoothly.
Pros and Cons of Green Leaf Naturals Organic Aloe Vera Gel:
- There are three size variants available: 3.3 Oz bottle, 8Oz bottle and a 12Oz bottle
- The gel spreads out evenly and leaves no residue after it absorption
- The gel is not thick and gooey
- The gel may cause allergic reaction
The Green Leaf Naturals Organic Aloe Vera Gel is suitable for people with any type of skin. The gel does not stain the skin with residual and is quite absorbent to the skin. Moreover, this Aloe Vera gel is compatible with anything that you have in your shelf, be it shampoo or some kind of beauty cream.
Benefits of Aloe Vera Gel
In ancient Egyptian days, Aloe Vera Gel was known as the Plant of immorality. Not only it was used for beauty treatments and purposes but it also found its way into medicines as well.
The various benefits of Aloe Vera are as under:
- Aloe Vera prevents aging of the skin. This happens because Aloe Vera gel has the potential to restore elasticity of the skin. In fact, Aloe Vera gel can be used to get rid of dead skin
- Aloe Vera gel moisturizes the skin by increasing the water content in the face’s cells
- Aloe vera is an antibacterial and anti-inflammatory agent because of the presence of gibberellins and auxins. This helps to reduce acne.
- The gel also contains polysaccharides that stimulate the growth of new cells. This speeds up the healing process for acne and prevents scarring
- Got sunburns? Worry no more! Aloe Vera gel repairs and soothes the burnt area by virtue of its anti-inflammatory properties. Whereas, the water content hydrates the collapsed cells
- Healing of insect bites got easier with Aloe Vera Gel! Just rub Aloe Vera gel on the affected area and let it get absorbed by the skin
- Aloe Vera gel helps with hair growth, makes the scalp healthy and free from dandruff all this while, giving the hair and scalp ample of nourishment. Not just that, Aloe Vera also helps in maintaining the optimum 5.5 pH of the scalp
Side effects of Aloe Vera Gel
Everything comes with their own set of aftermath. Some can be neutralized by using other means while others just cannot be dealt with.
Here are some side effects of Aloe Vera Gel that one needs to keep in mind:
- The squishy leaves of Aloe Vera contain a chemical compound named ‘Latex’. It is found usually underneath the plant’s skin. Majority of users often experience a mild or strong reaction to Latex
- If not extracted properly, Aloe Vera may cause rashes and irritation to the skin
- It is not at all advised to make your own Aloe Vera juice from the plant or by mixing market ready Aloe Vera gel or extract
- The lumping of Aloe Vera gel is a sign of poor manufacturing, do not use such product
- Though Aloe Vera can be used to cool skin irritations, if mixed with strong chemical compounds, the gel may overreact and cause more trouble
Aloe Vera is a plant from heavens. With its ability to adapt to any given situation, the plant has the potential to surprise anyone. In the present day, Aloe Vera has seen an increase in its demand from health-conscious population and also from citizens who are doing their best in keeping healthy. The plant’s extract is produced in the form of various products like gels, soaps, shower gels, creams, and even drinks! Its ability to cool down sunburnt skin or calming skin struggling with irritations is fabulous! We can go on with our chorus of how wonderful the plant is or who blessed we are to have accessibility to such ancient practices!
Every one of us is different and so should be the product we use to take care of our problems. Every product listed in the article has been picked by us so that you do not run store to store, spend hours trying what works for you. Go for the product that suits you and your purpose the most.