Oh, those eyes!
Eyes are regarded as one of the most beautiful part of the human body. On intellectual grounds, eyes are known as the window to the soul. By definition, eyeliner has been described as a makeup tool that is used to enhance the aesthetic effect.
With its origin in the land of pyramids, the eyeliner initially found its application in Egypt and Mesopotamia. Eyeliners have a cultural significance. With the discovery of eyeliner in Tutankhamun’s tomb, the western world was introduced more to the use of eyeliner as a makeup tool. The developments experienced by society gave women the freedom to use makeup more liberally. The rise of Punk and Goth fashion trends introduced a more dramatic application of eyeliner.
Eyeliner is a cultural thing now. This makeup element is used to obtain a well-defined contour for the eyes.
- 1 Here are the 5 Best Eyeliners, Reviewed
- 1.1 1. Maybelline Unstoppable Eyeliner
- 1.2 2. NYX Professional Makeup Epic Ink Liner
- 1.3 3. L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner
- 1.4 4. LA PURE Original Eyeliner Stamp
- 1.5 5. Neutrogena Nourishing Eyeliner Pencil
- 1.6 Conclusion:
- 1.7 Verdict:
Here are the 5 Best Eyeliners, Reviewed
1. Maybelline Unstoppable Eyeliner
With the self-sharpening ability, this eyeliner is bound to keep up with the everyday application. With smudge-resistant and waterproof formula, the effect of the liner is bound to stand regular activities. The Maybelline Unstoppable Eyeliner is made with extra care so that it carefully contours your eyes to give an incredible aesthetic effect.
Pros of Maybelline Unstoppable Eyeliner:
- The Maybelline Unstoppable Eyeliner is available in three shades viz., Onyx, Cinnabar, and Espresso
- The formula makes the eyeliner smudge proof as well as waterproof
Cons of Maybelline Unstoppable Eyeliner:
- The eyeliner is not sufficiently dark, you got to stroke it more than twice to obtain the desired finish
2. NYX Professional Makeup Epic Ink Liner
If you are looking for a gel type eyeliner, you can happily rest your search. The NYX Professional Ink Liner is epic in many ways. This gel type eyeliner is resistant to smudging and promises to last long. The gel is super smooth on application and stays put for really long hours.
Pros of NYX Professional Makeup Epic Ink Liner:
- The gel made of the eyeliner ensures even and smooth spreading
- The colour of the eyeliner is really dark, one stroke can give you the perfect finish
Cons of NYX Professional Makeup Epic Ink Liner:
- The eyeliner may bleed if not handled properly
3. L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner
Love pencil colours? The L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner is surely going to add the touch of pencil colouring in your make up bag. The pencil eyeliner comes with a sharpener that very well sharpens the pencil tip. As stated on the website, “Pencil can also be a very versatile product depending on how you sharpen it—drill down to a blunt edge for a polished point or dull the tip on your hand for a softer smear. Either way, choose a creamy formula that glides on with ease, like Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner, to avoid creating too much friction on the delicate skin around the eyes”.
Pros of L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner:
- The pencil made of the eyeliner ensures even and smooth spreading
- The pencil eyeliner can be sharpened to meet application demands
Cons of L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner:
- The eyeliner may smudge when subjected to heat conditions
4. LA PURE Original Eyeliner Stamp
Wanting an eyeliner that works both ways? Like a pencil eyeliner and a stamp that is bound to give you the perfect cat eye look. The eyeliner promises to give a sharp and clean winged look. With the ease of application, the LA PURE Original Eyeliner Stamp will give you plenty of time for other things as well. The stamp and pencil give a smudge-proof cat eye look you can flaunt around without fearing of a panda look. Each box comes with 2 pens, 1 for each eye. Each stamp was specifically designed to best suit each individual eye, giving your wings a perfect, consistent shape with each application.
Pros of LA PURE Original Eyeliner Stamp:
- The pencil and stamp made of the eyeliner ensures even and smooth spreading
- Each box comes with 2 pens, 1 for each eye. This way hygiene is maintained
Cons of LA PURE Original Eyeliner Stamp:
- The eyeliner may cause irritation to some
5. Neutrogena Nourishing Eyeliner Pencil
The Neutrogena Nourishing Eyeliner Pencil has got added Olive Oil and rainforest shea butter. The duo combination gives the skin around the eyes a natural uplift. Presence of shea butter gives the eyeliner window for smooth application. Whereas the built-in eyeliner sharpener and smudger allow creating the perfect look.
Pros of Neutrogena Nourishing Eyeliner Pencil:
- The presence of shea butter and olive oil gives the eyeliner dual purpose, to take care of the skin that’s under application as well as to give out
- The eyeliner comes with a built-in sharpener
Cons of Neutrogena Nourishing Eyeliner Pencil:
- The eyeliner may cause irritation to some
- The eyeliner tends to break if too much pressure is applied
Eyeliner works by contouring your eyes and gives it more volume and creates an illusion of big eyes. There are three popular types of eyeliners available, the gel type, the liquid type, and the solid type. Every eyeliner is specific to the type of application the consumer demands. For people with normal to dry skin, the eyeliner will stay put for long hours. Whereas, for oily skin, the eyeliner may slide off a few hours after application.
The wide range of eyeliners listed in this article covers every variant you can think of. It is any day best to choose the eyeliner that suits your needs the best. Keep in mind that every manufacturer is different and thus, the way a product will react on your skin is going to be different as well.