Light skin has become a standard of beauty in recent times. Everyone has their own perception of what beauty is supposed to be. There is nothing wrong with wanting to look lighter. Everyone should have a chance to make themselves feel beautiful so long as they remain healthy.
Skin lightening creams are in high demand nowadays. Unfortunately, many of them are not effective or healthy. That does not mean that there are no good skin lightening creams on the market. There are many impressive cream formulas that will not only lighten your skin but also make it a bit healthier.
We’ve made it our business to unearth the best skin lightening creams to ensure you do not have to struggle to find out.
Before you settle for any skin lightening cream, you need to do your due diligence and find out what the cream is made of, and how it works.
Factors to consider when choosing a skin lightening cream
High demand for skin lightening products has led to the production of substandard products, some of which are a threat to your health. Mostly, safe skin lightening creams are made from natural ingredients and contain zero amounts of mercury and hydroquinone. These two compounds are known to have damaging effects on the skin. When choosing the right skin lightening cream, it is important to check:
- The manufacturer – You have to take time to explore the manufacturer to find out how credible their they are. If the manufacturer of a particular product does not have full disclosure of their operations.
- Ingredients – The ingredients of the creams will reveal a lot about what you should expect from it. The ingredients will reveal important details such as possible side effects and how the cream works.
We are going to explore four of the best skin lightening creams that we’ve come across.
Best Skin Lightening Creams
1. Zeta White 3-Point Lightening System
Zeta White is called a 3-point lightening system because it delivers the three most-basic conditions for skin lightening. It cleans, moisturizes, and inhibits the production of melanin. As such, the product comes in three parts. The face wash, the moisturizer, and the night cream.
The Zeta White cream perfectly brings out the difference between a skin lightening formula and a bleaching agent. Unlike bleaching agents, Zeta white does not just target the skin’s pigment. It works to make your skin healthier, brighter, and in the process lighter.
To get a better perspective of what kind of skin lightening Zeta white is, we need to dig a bit deeper into; Who makes it? How is it made? and What is used to make it?
Who Makes Zeta White?
Zeta white is made by Helpful Cosmetics Ltd. Helpful Cosmetics Ltd is a UK company that is renowned for its natural skin products. Zeta White is one of its best-rated skin products. Zeta White is known to be friendly to the skin in its skin lightening action.
Zeta White Ingredients:
The following are the most notable ingredients used to make Zeta White.
- Lemon Extracts – The health benefits of lemon are many. It is known to have exfoliating benefits and will help strengthen your skin. It has been proven to have the ability to limit the high production of melanin as well.
- Green Tea extracts – Green tea extracts are popular for their ability to enhance metabolism when taken orally. In Zeta White, they are used to cause a soothing effect and act as an inflammatory agent.
- Strawberries – Strawberries are used in Zeta White because they have proven ability to act as a sunscreen. The health benefits of strawberries are many and will trickle down to making your skin brighter and healthier.
- Liquorice Extracts – Liquorice extracts are also known to have sunscreen-like effects. They cover your skin and helps to prevent penetration of UV rays which causes the body to produce melanin in hight quantities.
- Hyaluronic Acid – Apparently, the compound helps to eliminate wrinkles and lines on the skin, making you appear younger.
Other ingredients include;
- Passion fruit extracts
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Sunflower oil
- Vegetable glycerin
- Wheat germ
- Stearic acid
According to the manufacturer, Zeta White is an all-natural skin lightening cream and it does not have any side effects. Somehow, these natural plant extracts inhibit the production of melanin in your skin and make your skin lighter and even. It can help eliminate dark spots as well.
How to Use Zeta White?
As we’ve mentioned above, Zeta White comes in three parts.
The face wash
The face wash is a soapy cream that you use to wash your face before you apply the actual skin lightening cream. It is an optimized and gentle face wash that you can completely trust to clean your face.
You should use the face wash at least twice a day.
The moisturizer aerates your skin and eliminates dryness. It also protects your skin from direct sunlight. The moisturizer will prevent your skin from darkening or getting damaged by UV radiation.
You should use the moisturizer at least once a day.
The Night Cream
This is the actual whitening cream. You are supposed to apply it after you have cleaned and moisturized your skin. You are supposed to apply it before you go to sleep. You should use it at least once a day.
Does Zeta White Have any Side Effects?
As mentioned above, the manufacturers of Zeta White claim that it does not have any side effects. Going by the list of ingredients above, we do not expect the cream to cause any side effects. However, the following side effects have been reported by some users;
- Irregular heartbeat
Also, the cream should not be used on children or by pregnant women.
If you have any underlying health conditions, it is important that you seek the opinion of a doctor fast before you start using the cream.
Everything has two sides to it. Here is a summary of the pros and cons of Zeta White cream that we could pick up.
- The machine has all-natural ingredients
- It is suitable for all skin types
- It not only lightens your skin but also makes it healthier as well
- The cream can be used for a long time
- There is information about the exact dosages of the ingredients
- You have to keep using the cream if you need to keep getting lighter
Here are some of the customer reviews we’ve seen from people who have had a chance to use the cream before.
“I had struggled with acne for a long time before I found a doctor who took me through months of therapy and we were able to eliminate it. However, I was left with terrible black spots. This spots completely changed by facial appearance and eroded my confidence. I bumped upon Zeta White after months of trying one cream after another without any success. Most of the creams would irritate my skin within a few days of use. After using Zeta White for three months, the dark spots are starting to disappear. They haven’t disappeared completely yet, but I am quite impressed with the progress.”_Shanice
“I have struggled with terrible skin breakouts and I was literary scare of sunlight. I wouldn’t even go out and enjoy the mild morning or evening sunshine. My skin started developing dark patches, and give that I’m naturally light skin, I looked really weird. It was a difficult time for me, and the skin therapies prescribed by the dermatologist I went to see was too expensive for me. Then I came across the miracle worker that is Zeta White. I’ve experienced no irritations while using this cream, and my skin is always moisturized. The dark spots are starting to disappear, and am beyond excited. I’ll keep using the cream and see where it takes me”_Melanie
2. Meladerm Cream
Meladerm is a product of Civant Skin Care Company. It was launched in 2003 and has gained popularity over the years. It hailed as one of the most effective skin lightening creams on the market today. According to Civant skin Care Company, they conducted countless controlled test and trails on meladerm for a period of more than 4 years before making it available in the market, to ensure that the final product was top-notch.
Let’s dive right in and explore the ingredients used to create Meladerm.
Ingredients of Meladerm:
According to the manufacturers Meladerm is entirely made of natural products. Most of the ingredients are known for their ability to remove melisma, scars, skin discoloration, uneven skin tone and hyperpigmentation. The ingredients are mixed in a unique formula that is suitable for all skin tones and types.
Check out the list of ingredients below.
- Vitamin C and Emblica fruit extract – These two compounds are known to have antioxidant properties. They help to improve your blood flow when absorbed into your skin. The anti-oxidising action also helps to clean the skin and open up your skin pores. Your skin tends to look brighter when the oil pores are cleaned and dead cells are removed by the antioxidising agent.
- Lactic acid – Lactic acid is mixed with Mulberry and Licorice Extracts to treat a number of skin ailments. The compound deals with any possible issues of skin sensitivity.
- Alpha Arbutin – Alpha Arbutin is extracted from the Bearberry tree. It is one of the key ingredients in Meladerm. It has proven ability to exfoliate and brighten the skin. Alpha Arbutin is also known to inhibit the production of melanin.
- Niacinamide – This compound helps to balance the effects of other ingredients thus reducing the possibility of side effects. It also helps to hasten the absorption of these ingredients into the bloodstream.
- Symwhite – Symwhite is extracted from the pine tree. It helps to exfoliate dead skin and clean blocked oil pores thus reducing the formation of acne
- Gigahwite – Gigawhite is a skin lightening ingredient made by combining extracts of seven alpine plants from Swiss plains. It is known for its ability to treat discoloration and dark spots.
- Lemon juice – Lemon juice is a rich source of vitamin C and is known for its rich skin lightening properties. The extract can, however, be irritating on the skin if applied in excess
- Sepiwhite – Is an important Amino acid used in brightening dark spots and scars
How to apply Meladerm:
- Clean the skin area well with a scrub
- Using a clean cloth to dry the skin surface and leave the surface for some time
- Apply Meladerm on the target area and massage it gently until it is wholly absorbed in the skin
- The process should be repeated twice daily. i.e. in the morning and at night.
Possible Side Effects:
Some clients have reported increased skin peeling and pimples after applying Meladerm for the first time. This may be related to skin adjustments to the active ingredients. These effects should subside within a short while. If they don’t, you should seek the attention of a doctor.
In case of such effects, clients are advised to reduce the use of Meladerm for some time in which the condition should clear up
Clients are advised to consult a physician if you have any skin diseases. Meladerm is a skin lightening cream and should never be used as a medication for any skin condition.
- Can be applied to all skin types and tones
- Has no parabens, mineral oils and steroids
- Made from high-quality ingredients
- Has no hydroquinone and mercury
- In case the client’s expectations are not met, the company offers 30 days’ money-back guarantee
- It is relatively expensive as compared to other similar products
- Longer time may be observed while treating darker spots
- Severe scars may prove difficult to lighten
Here is one of the customer reviews that caught our eye from a person who has experienced the Meladerm goodness before.
“I was born dark-chocolate, and I have always had a desire to be a bit lighter. I never cared about the prejudices that people had about skin lightening procedures. I wanted to literary be comfortable in my own skin. I wanted something mild because I did not want to completely change my appearance. The options available were either not healthy, or were too expensive. In my searches, I came across Meladerm and everything has been uphill from there. Six months later, I am a lot lifter, and more confident than I have ever been in my life”_Kate william
3. Amaira SOS Intensive Skin Lightening Cream
Amaira SOS Intensive Skin Lightening Cream was initially made to help in lightening skin around intimate parts. It is used to lighten the skin around pubic areas and armpits. However, a lot of people on other parts of the body such as on face without suffering any side effects.
While many skin lightening products are known to work by peeling off the dark spots on the skin until all the unwanted traces are gone, the cream works by inhibiting the production of melanin.
Natural Melanin production increases as a result of skin damage, excessive exposure to sunlight, acne, and injury. Applying Amaira SOS Intensive Skin Lightening Cream slows Melanin production reducing pigment presence giving the skin a brighter and lighter appearance.
Amaira S0S Ingredients:
Amaira SOS Intensive Skin Lightening Cream with the following ingredients;
- SimmondsiaChinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Polysorbate 20
- Purified Water (Aqua)
Amaira SOS Intensive Skin Lightening Cream is known to deliver an outstanding result because of its expertly developed formula. All ingredients used to make the cream are naturally obtained thus reducing the risk of adverse side effects when used.
The presence of hexylresorcinol in the cream ensures that the cream works effectively without irritating or drying the skin. Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) helps to brighten the skin and remove pimples. Jojoba oil helps to keep the skin soft and glowing for a long while after the cream has been applied.
How to apply Amaira SOS Intensive Skin Lightening Cream:
- Clean the skin thoroughly with suitable soap and water
- Dry the surface with a clean cloth
- Apply the cream twice a day
It is advisable to avoid using other beauty products and treatments while using Amaira cream. Other cosmetics or medications might interfere with the actions of the cream and might lead to adverse negative effects
Possible Side Effects:
Ingredients used to make Amaira serum are natural and thus minimizes chances of extreme side effects. However, the cream works by inhibiting melanin production which has an effect of making the skin more sensitive to the UV rays increases the risk of having sunburns.
Amaira cream should never be applied on broken skin, waxed area, open wound or recently shaved area as they tend to cause irritation and redness.
4. illuminatural 6I
illuminatural 6I is one of the most sought after skin lightening cream in the market. Made from natural ingredients, the cream works delivers satisfying results with zero harm on the body. The cream is effective in removing dark spots, uneven complex, and skin blemishes.
illuminatural 6I works by inhibiting the production of melanin. Excess amounts of melanin in the body is known to cause hyperpigmentation, dark spots, and uneven skin tone.
illuminatural 6I has been proven to be effective in dealing with:
- Sun damage
- Age spots
- Acne scars
- Old scars
illuminatural 6I Ingredients:
As mentioned earlier, illuminatural 6I is made of 100% natural ingredients. These ingredients are known to have a lightening effect on the skin in their natural form and thus do not require chemical processes to make them effective.
- Alpha Arbutin – Is extracted from fruits and has the effect of reducing melanin production by 70%. Studies have shown that Alpha Arbutin has the ability to inhibit the production of melanin. It is said to be more effective than most chemical skin bleachers containing hydroquinone and mercury
- Niacinamide is simply vitamin B. Vitamin B is one of the essential vitamins in the body as it takes part in more than 200 chemical reactions. Niacinamide is known to eliminate hyperpigmentation in less than a month in its natural form.
- Beta Glucan- it helps to destroy dead cells and the generation of new cells.
How is illuminatural 6I APPLIED?
For best results, it is important to ensure that you clean and dry the surface you intend to apply illuminatural 6I. Apply the cream twice a day, that is in the morning and evening. To avoid complications, it is advisable to apply the cream in small quantities as you monitor your skin reactions.
Possible side effects:
illuminatural 6I is made of naturally occurring ingredients and thus does not have any side effects on the skin. It should never be applied on fresh wounds, recently waxed and shaven surfaces, or broken skin.
In case of irritation, the clients should stop using the cream and seek the advice of a doctor.
- Gets rid of dead skin cells to ensure faster skin lightening
- Protects the skin from harmful UV rays
- Helps new generated skin cells to come on the skin surface
- Inhibits generation of melanin thus making the skin to look brighter
- Has 30 days’ money guarantee is the client’s expectations are not met
- The price is slightly higher as compared to other body enlightening creams in the market
We couldn’t help but take note of the customer review below. It’s from on the people who have used illuminatural 6I before and gotten positive results.
“My skin has always been very sensitive, and almost every other skin cream or beauty product I tried would cause breakouts. I had not been able to use makeup until I came across illuminatural 6I. My skin breakouts would always heal and leave behind terrible black spots. I found illuminatural 6I and was glad that it could get rid of them. What I found exciting is that I was able to use makeup without suffering breakouts after using the cream.”_Lara marie
This review is meant to give you a better perspective of what the best skin lightening creams are all about. We’ve have explored the four creams above in great detail, and we are confident that they are safe. These creams are less likely to cause any adverse side effects. If anything, they work to make your skin healthier. It would not hurt to try out one of these creams and find out whether it will give you the skin tone you’ve always desired.