Sleep is one of the most underrated pleasures. Also, it is a crucial part of anyone’s life. Got a job interview the next? Got an exam tomorrow? Making a trip tomorrow?
Be it any scenario, getting good sleep is essential as it makes you ready to face whatever the day has to offer. Now imagine having your sleep disturbed. Unacceptable! Yes, yes, you know where we are getting to. Snoring, of course!
Snoring is basically noisy breathing during sleep. It is a pretty common phenomenon which affects millions of people worldwide. You may be snoring the night away but the person you are sharing your bed with is bound to have a sleepless night! So how do you tackle this issue? Enter anti-snoring mouthpieces!
These devices are the go-to product for anyone looking for a good night’s sleep without snoring. Anti-snoring mouthpieces have been designed by dentists and hence, you can rest assured that you are using a product that is backed by doctors. So it is of no wonder that these devices are gaining prominence and popularity all over the world and as such, there are scores of anti-snoring mouthpieces available today. We have zeroed in on the 4 best anti-snoring mouthpieces for you. Let’s hop into the list!
- 1 Here are the 4 Best Anti-Snoring Mouthpieces that you can use to get rid of snoring!
- 2 How does an anti-snoring mouthpiece work?
- 3 MADs and TRDs: Two sides of the same coin
- 4 Benefits of anti-snoring mouthpieces:
- 5 Drawbacks of anti-snoring mouthpieces:
- 6 Some considerations for anti-snoring mouthpieces:
- 7 How to maintain your anti-snoring mouthpiece?
- 8 References:
- 9 Conclusion:
- 10 Verdict:
Here are the 4 Best Anti-Snoring Mouthpieces that you can use to get rid of snoring!
The AirSnore is arguably the best MAD anti-snoring device. Period. It consists of a soft plastic mouthpiece that conforms to the interiors of your mouth comfortably. In addition, it also has a bottle of sleep aid drops. It is important to note that these two can be used separately or in tandem in order to make you sleep better without snoring, thereby ensuring that even your partner sleeps well! If your nights are tainted with bouts of restless sleep and snoring, then the AirSnore is your go-to product. Plus, once you start sleeping better, it automatically reflects on your health and mood, ensuring a happier you! this product is designed specifically to help you claim a better’s night sleep which can improve your mood and health overall.
There are scores of anti-snoring devices available but the AirSnore is truly a class apart.It is a better option when compared to other means such as those bulky C-PAP machines and advanced surgeries. What’s more? AirSnore does not require a medical expert or healthcare professional in order to achieve a perfect fit. This saves a lot of money as the device cancels of the requirement looking for means to fit it correctly.
The package is also equipped with the AirSnore drops. These drops are basically an essential oil mixture and it is 100% natural. It is used when you are facing difficulties in falling asleep. These drops help in clearing out blocked airways and thereby enhance your breathing quality. This ensures that you fall asleep sooner and sleep for longer periods of time. The ingredients of these drops include:
- Sunflower seed oil: It acts as a carrier oil for the other ingredients in the drops.
- Lavender flower oil: It is a well-known relaxant that is widely used to induce good sleep. It also boats of antibacterial properties and as such, can round up as an effective decongestant.
- Scots pine leaf oil – This herb loosens the persistent mucus in your lungs in particular and the respiratory system in general so that you can breathe more easily. This ingredients also works as a painkiller.
- Eucalpytus globulus leaf oil: This herb helps to loosen and clear stubborn mucus that causes coughing and stuffiness. So it is a natural decongestant. In addition, it also dilates the blood vessels and paves the way for an enhanced inflow of oxygen through the body.
- Peppermint leaf oil – It is an amazing decongestant that also effectively combats muscle pains. It tackles sinuses, soothes your throat and in general, can treat all kinds of bodily pain.
How do the AirSnore mouthpiece and drops work?
Mouthpiece: The mouthpiece opens up your upper jaw so that you can easily receive air courtesy of the fact that the airway opens up as well. As such, it reduces snoring and makes you breathe better when you sleep. As mentioned earlier, the device doesn’t not require any supervision for proper fitting and fits comfortably in your mouth quite easily. Also, it can conform t any size and shape of the mouth.
Drops: These drops can be applied to a plethora of areas such as the neck, chest, upper chin, beneath the nostrils etc. This helps in reducing congestion and makes you sleep well. However, it should be noted that the AirSnore drops do not possess the traits of a sedative and can get pretty addictive. The drops are only meant to help you clear the airways and contribute towards promoting a good night’s sleep.
Why should you buy AirSnore?
The AirSnore is our pick for the best Mandibular Adjustment Device (MAD). Why exactly? Because there are a wide array of benefits you get from this device that surpass its peers. So, here are the reasons that the AirSnore is our top MAD pick:
- The mouthpiece can be customized to any extent due to its food-grade thermoplastic construction
- It can also be used for people with dentures or even missing teeth.
- It rounds up great for people who tend to breathe from the mouth.
- You tend to feel more energetic in the mornings.
- It helps in improving your overall mood.
- It reduces mouth dryness.
- It combats anxiety issues and headaches.
- It is a great product for women who face difficulties in fitting large mouthpieces.
- It effectively clears the airways and acts as a decongestant to ensure good sleep in the night.
- The AirSnore drops are made of herbal essential oils which are 100% natural and they help in promoting a healthy sleep pattern.
The AirSnore is very comfortable to wear. It has a hole in the center of its design that assists in breathing through the mouth. Needless to say, the product is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). As it is pretty evident, the AirSnore caters to more than just curbing snoring. Your body actually starts feeling healthier and more energetic on using this product. Such versatility and care makes it one of the most sought after anti-snoring devices in the world.
2. Good Morning Snore Solution
The Good Morning Snore solution is arguably the best TRD anti-snoring device. So unlike the AirSnore, is a Tongue Retaining Device (TRD) or a Tongue Stabilizing Device (TSD). As such, it pulls the tip of your tongue forward by gentle suction, and makes sure that your tongue stays in place and does not fall into the back of your mouth. This forward position of your tongue keeps it from blocking your airway when you sleep. Naturally, in a TRD, you breathe through your nose.
Though the Good Morning Snore is a bit expensive, it is also boats of one of the highest rates of customer satisfaction. So you can bet that it is totally worth every buck. Furthermore, it is a pretty durable mouthpiece which can last up to 2 years even with regular usage in the nights. One of the chief reasons for its excellent durability is the material it is constructed with. It is made with utmost intricacy using BPA and BHA-free dental-grade resin. Furthermore, there is no customization required for this amazing mouthpiece: you can wear it right out of the box. In case there is a bother, just trim it down to size with a pair of scissors.
It is important to note that the Good Morning Sleep curbs snoring for 80-85% of users and has reports of fewer side effects when compared to MADs with similar results. This makes it a very attractive product. Plus, you get to breathe through the nose. That makes it sound just so… natural.
How does the Good Morning Snore Solution work?
The Good Morning Snore Solution is a tongue retaining device (TRD). This mouthpiece applies suction and pulls your tongue forward, closer to the lips. This forward placement of the tongue opens up your airway and makes you receive air more easily. Furthermore, the device ensures that your tongue does not fall back and stays in place. This reduces snoring and makes you breathe better when you sleep.
Why should you buy Good Morning Snore Solution?
The Good Morning Snore Solution is our pick for the best Tongue Retaining Device (TRD). It is literally a counterpart to the AirSnore as that is a MAD. It provides a fantastic performance as an anti-snoring device and has gained fans from all over the world. Here’s why:
- There is no customization needed for this mouthpiece and in case a better fit is desired, it can be simply trimmed by using a pair of scissors.
- It is very durable and can last up to 2 years even when you use it every night.
- It works well with any sort of dental fixtures such as crowns, bridges, dentures and implants.
- The mouthpiece can help you stop the grinding of your teeth.
- The small tip ensures that your entire tongue isn’t constrained.
- It is very comfortable to wear.
- It hardly has any side effects.
- The mouthpiece does not cause any soreness in the jaw.
- It helps in improving your overall mood.
- It reduces mouth dryness.
- It combats anxiety issues and headaches.
As you scroll down, you will see that we have stated MADs and TRDs to be two sides of the same coin. Indeed, both the Good Morning Snore Solution (TRD) and the AirSnore (MAD) offer their own range of fantastic versatility and effectiveness which make them the best product in their category. You are going to love this product as much as you would love the AirSnore. So it’s all a matter of personal preference for you.
Spoiler Alert: You should note that the Good Morning Snore Solution is such an amazing TRD, that it has no competition and you won’t find any other TRDs in our list! So if it’s a TRD that you want, straight away pick the Good Morning Anti-Snore Solution.
The VitalSleep is one of the two MADs which offer healthy competition to the AirSnore and comes in as a runner-up for the best anti-snoring mouthpiece (MAD). The device can be customized like most MADs but what sets it apart is that it can also be customized as per your bite, it comes in 2 different sizes 9a smaller one for women and a larger one for men) and is adjustable. It is then shaped to the confines of your mouth by employing the boil-and-bite method.
Following this procedure, you can adjust it accordingly to obtain the most effectiveness from the device. It is worth noting that this product comes with an amazing set of warranty, replacement policies and other such parameters. It is also relatively cheap and works as well as a top notch anti-snoring device.
From there, you can adjust it incrementally to perfect the performance. Coming to the material, this anti-snoring device is made from medical-grade and hypo-allergenic ethyl-vinyl acetate. It is BPA and latex-free. All of these materials are approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). So you never have to worry about the safety of using this device.
VitalSleep also has one of the best guarantees, warranty, and replacement policies in the anti-snoring mouthpiece market, particularly for the modest price-point of the device.
Pros and Cons of VitalSleep:
- The mouthpiece comes in 2 sizes (smaller and larger for women and men respectively)
- You can fit it perfectly with a deep bite
- The incremental adjustment ensures a customized fit
- Variability in airway hole helpful for mouth breathers
- It can be worn along with dentures
- You can breathe from the mouth
- The product is relatively cheap
- It is very easy to clean
- The product offers free replacement for an entire year
- It comes with a 12-month lifetime which is great going by the price
- It comes with a hex key, which makes is a but cumbersome to make adjustments
- It can result in soreness of the jaw
- It may cause occasional drooling
- There is no refund on shipping charges if you return the product
- It is not accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB)
The VitalSleep is a very impressive product, no doubt. It functions almost as well as the AirSnore but falls back a but short of being as good as the former. The range of versatility and the inclusion of drops (yeah, that too) make the AirSnore a better choice. But do note that this “better” is a very subjective term. We are sure that some people might prefer the VitalSleep over the AirSnore. It is definitely a worthy product. You are not going to regret buying the VitalSleep by any means.
The ZQuiet ties with the VitalSleep for the position of runner up when it comes to the best anti-snoring devices (MAD). It is literally as good as the VitalSleep. The ZQuiet differs from the other MADs in this list by virtue of two factors: first, this mouthpiece does not mold to your bite. Remember seeing those tooth whitening trays in your dentist’s clinic? The ZQuiet mouthpiece is pretty similar to those except that there is another similar looking tray and these two are hinged together. Get the idea?
Secondly, you get two mouthpieces from ZQuiet. These two advance your jaw in different increments such that you get a different feeling from each of the two. However, you are recommended to start with one of those in the beginning. More specifically, the one which causes a lesser advancement of your jaw.
One of the primary highlights of this device is the “living hinge”. This means that when you wear the ZQuiet mouthpiece, you can do stuff with your mouth which you usually do without a mouthpiece. In simple words, you can eat, drink, talk… basically open your mouth and shut it with ease. In essence, you keep “living” you life as it is, even with the mouthpiece.
Coming to the construction, the ZQuiet is made up of medical-grade thermoplastic polymer (that is free from latex and BPA.) It has a strong and sturdy built, but is not as durable as the other anti-snoring devices on this list. Also, it does not support dentures. It is these two reasons plus the fact that there is no scope for fitting that makes the ZQuiet not surpass the VitalSleep and only be on par with it, even though the ZQuiet functions in a slightly better way. Simply put, the ZQuiet offers better functionality but the VitalSleep offers better applicability.
Pros and Cons of ZQuiet:
- The “living hinge” makes you perform your daily functions such as eating, drinking, talking etc even when you are wearing the mouthpiece
- The soft medical grade plastic does not cause any irritation
- Since it is equipped with 2 mouthpieces, you can easily vary the jaw pressure as per your convenience
- It is very easy to clean and maintain
- The mouthpiece does not obstruct breathing in any way whatsoever
- There is limited drooling when using this mouthpiece
- There is no refund on shipping charges if you return the product
- You cannot use this mouthpiece along with dentures
- It is not as durable as other anti-snoring mouthpieces
- There is no option for fitting
- It might slip out of your mouth when you are asleep
- It causes soreness in the jaw
- It cant be trimmed won to size if it turns out out be too big for you but absolutely nothing can be done if it turns out too small for you.
The ZQuiet, as you can see, offers great functionality but limited applicability. It is an amazingly designed anti-snoring mouthpiece which is definitely worth the buy. You just have to ensure that you get the correct size because sizing and fitting are two of the main issues with this otherwise fantastic product. If you have these parameters figured out, you will totally root for this product!
How does an anti-snoring mouthpiece work?
The lower jaw has the tendency to slide towards the back of your throat when you fall asleep. As a result of this, your airways gets obstructed. Anti-snoring mouthpieces are temporary oral fixtures that move your lower jaw or tongue forward and opens up the airway to let air into your throat. This is achieved by tightening your throat muscles, and when there’s a balance created between the back of your tongue and your throat muscles, you cease to snore. In other words, when you put on an anti-snoring mouthpiece, you mouth remains closed and breathing occurs predominantly through the mouth (when your mouth moves forward) and through your nose (when your tongue moves forward). This mitigates the chances of snoring.
As it is pretty obvious, the main functionality offered by anti-snoring mouthpiece is that moves the lower jaw or the tongue forward.
The lower jaw is also known as the mandible and as such, these types on anti-snoring mouthpieces are also known as mandibular advancement devices (MADs).
If the anti-snoring mouthpiece works by bringing the tongue forward, then these types of anti-snoring mouthpieces are also known as tongue retaining devices (TRDs).
MADs and TRDs: Two sides of the same coin
We already know what mandibular adjustment devices (MADs) are. One of the most popular and equally effective counterparts of MADs are the tongue retaining devices (TRDs). It is a usual occurrence for the tongue to fall back in your mouth. This causes your tongue to obstruct the airway, thereby causing you to snore. You see where we are getting at?
Basically, the TRD does to the tongue what the MAD does to the lower jaw. The TRD, also known as tongue stabilizing device (TSD) hold your tongue in place so that it doesn’t fall into the ‘snoring position’. This calls for having your mouth closed and breathing through your nose.
Benefits of anti-snoring mouthpieces:
Apart from curbing snoring, anti-snoring mouthpieces offer you a host of benefits. These include:
- Inexpensive: While customized anti-snoring devices may cost a bit high, there are some of them available at prices as low as 50$
- Noiseless: Anti-snoring mouthpieces are virtually noiseless. This is especially a blessing for people who share their bed with a partner.
- Easy maintenance: There are hardly any moving parts in these devices and they can be cleaned by simply soaking in hot water. As such, maintaining is a pretty easy task.
Drawbacks of anti-snoring mouthpieces:
Despite the fact that these devices are currently the most simple and arguable best anti-snoring solutions, there are a couple of drawbacks to be considered. These include:
- Side effects: There may be some side effects associated with the usage of these devices such as drooling, dry mouth, aching teeth, excessive thirst and pain in the lower jaw.
- Limited lifetime: These devices don’t last too long. They can go up to anywhere between half a year or 2 years at maximum.
Some considerations for anti-snoring mouthpieces:
Anti-snoring mouthpieces are definitely a safe and effective method for curbing snoring. However, there are a couple of simple considerations that you have to keep in mind before you use these devices. These are:
- Nasal congestion: Anti-snoring mouthpieces make you breathe through your nose. It is logical to understand that if you are suffering from cold and are tainted with nasal congestion, you should skip the usage of these devices until you get better.
- Dental fixtures: Anti-snoring mouthpieces apply substantial pressure on your teeth. This pressure can potentially cause damage to dentures, crowns and any form of related fixtures. It can even affect loose teeth. So you have ensure that you have good oral health before you decide to try an anti-snoring device.
How to maintain your anti-snoring mouthpiece?
It is very easy to maintain an anti-snoring mouthpiece. While each device has their own set of specifications, taking proper care of anti-snoring mouthpieces is a pretty simple affair and in general, it includes:
- You can clean the device by using toothpaste and brushing it thoroughly through the device. This even gives your mouth a sense of familiarity when you put on the device!
- You can then subject your mouthpiece to air drying.
- Review of oral appliances for treatment of sleep-disordered breathing
- The mandibular advancement device and patient selection in the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea.
- The Tongue-Retaining Device: Efficacy and Side Effects in Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome
- Over-the-Counter Mouthpiece for Snoring
You should understand the fact that sleep is way more than just dozing off. For instance, the release of growth hormones is accelerated when you sleep. This, in turn, contributes towards an improved performance of various bodily functions like digestion and it stimulation the repair of cells. These process are performed in the most optimal way only when you sleep. So if you aren’t getting good sleep, chances are high that your body is not functioning up to the mark.
These mouthpieces are the best ones available. Each of them are designed with utmost intricacy and detail and offers you a range of benefits which ensure that you always get a good night’s sleep. As mentioned, good sleep directly contributes to good overall health in many ways. You can fall asleep in no time after hitting the pillow and get a long night of undisturbed sleep. Seriously, sleep is very underrated and often taken for granted. It’s high time you start sleeping well and these 4 devices are a huge step towards good sleep.
When it comes to TRDs, there is absolutely no competition. The Good Morning Snore Solution takes the cake for being the best anti-snoring TRD mouthpiece.
When it comes to MADs however, the competition is fierce. While the AirSnore is definitely the best among MADs, the VitalSleep and ZQuiet tie up as runners up to the crown.
Keeping rankings aside, these four are elite products that round up as The Big Four of anti-snoring mouthpieces. You are surely going to stop snoring and start sleeping better with these mouthpieces. Wake up to a happier version of yourself!