Your mouth is one of the most functioning parts of your body. You use your mouth to speak, eat and drink: three of the most integral aspects in any person’s life. But more often than not, oral care is taken for granted and people develop issues such as bad breath, plaque, stained teeth, cavities etc. What’s pretty concerning is that most of these problems germinate from regular habits. Common practices such as not gargling after a meal, smoking, consumption of sodas and acidic foods etc.
So it goes without saying that we should take the humble act of brushing our teeth more seriously and leave no stone unturned in adopting the best measures to take care of our oral hygiene. One of these measures (and perhaps the most important one) is to choose a good toothpaste because almost every person in the world starts their day by brushing their teeth. We have made this task of picking a good toothpaste for yourself easier for you by enlisting the best toothpastes available in the market. Surf through these amazing toothpastes and we are positive that you will find the perfect toothpaste for yourself.
- 1 7 Best Toothpastes To Buy From Amazon
- 1.1 Sensodyne Pronamel Gentle Whitening Toothpaste
- 1.2 Colgate Total Advanced Fresh Toothpaste
- 1.3 Hello Oral Care Fluoride Toothpaste
- 1.4 Sensodyne True White Sensitive Teeth Toothpaste
- 1.5 Nature’s Gate Natural Toothpaste
- 1.6 Livionex Dental Gel
- 1.7 Crest Complete Whitening Toothpaste
- 2 Conclusion
- 3 Verdict
7 Best Toothpastes To Buy From Amazon
Sensodyne Pronamel Gentle Whitening Toothpaste
Sensodyne is known to particularly excel in toothpastes that are meant for sensitive teeth, but the Sensodyne Pronamel toothpaste rakes up the bar to function as an amazing all-rounder. It is is clinically proven to help restore enamel strength for strong and healthy teeth, while also protecting against acid erosion caused by the regular intake of acidic foods and drinks. The toothpaste is formulated with minerals like calcium which aid in making the teeth super strong, whiten your teeth and reduce sensitivity. It is worth mentioning that this toothpaste is free from sodium laurel sulfates. This makes sure that the use of this toothpaste effectively deals with sensitive teeth while not bothering your gums or the inner cheek lining. However, some people may not like the subtle minty taste of this toothpaste courtesy of the presence of fluoride.
Nonetheless, it offers supreme teeth cleaning, strengthening and whitening functionalities that are just so irresistible. Overall, this is one of the best and most effective toothpastes around. You just can’t go wrong with Sensodyne!
Pros and Cons of Sensodyne Pronamel Toothpaste:
- It is excellent for sensitive teeth.
- It works exceptionally well on teeth that is eroded by acidic foods.
- The toothpaste does not trouble your gums and the lining of your mouth.
- The toothpaste greatly freshens your mouth.
- It has a very weird minty taste.
- The toothpaste tube can rupture easily.
Colgate Total Advanced Fresh Toothpaste
Arguably the most popular brand of toothpaste in the world, Colgate, comes up with an amazing toothpaste which quite possibly is the best one for freshening the breath. You will no longer be daunted with the woes of bad breath as this advanced toothpaste (pun intended) ruthlessly combats gingivitis, cavities and germs that cause bad breath. In addition, the fresh lingering effects of the toothpaste last up to 12 hours, making you feel confident for the better part of the day. Brushing twice a day seals the deal for a full clock of freshness. The toothpaste is equipped with a flavor booster to make it taste better. To back it all up, this toothpaste has been approved by the American Dental Association (ADA). Colgate never disappoints.
Pros and Cons of Colgate Total Advanced Fresh Toothpaste:
- It boasts of a gel texture.
- The minty taste is very refreshing.
- It retains fresh breath in your mouth for around 12 hours.
- You might get a burning sensation after using this toothpaste courtesy of the presence of triclosan.
Hello Oral Care Fluoride Toothpaste
Kids often throw tantrums when it comes to brushing their teeth and it is left to you, as a parent, to convince them to brush their teeth. How about getting a toothpaste which throws all these silly fights out of the window? A toothpaste which kids would love using. Sounds surreal? This is where the Hello oral care fluoride toothpaste comes in. This toothpaste hosts a range of interesting flavors which are a welcome departure from the traditional minty flavor, making this more of a draw for kids.
The product comes in two variants: one containing fluoride and the other being free from fluoride, and is available in diverse flavors like watermelon, bubble gum, blue raspberry and apple. They taste absolutely fantastic and are bound to be a hit with the kids. The toothpaste does not contain any preservatives and bothersome coloring agents. Even the box of the toothpaste is made up of 100% recycled paperboard and are marked with pure soy ink printing. With such eco-friendly features and a wonderful range of tastes, we would not blame you if you too end up brushing your teeth with this toothpaste!
However, the consistency of the Hello Oral Care toothpaste can lead to quite a mess if kids are not careful, according to Amazon reviewer KJ Petersen. The toothpaste is not as solid as some others, meaning it can run down the side of the tube and onto the bathroom counter.
Pros and Cons of Hello Oral Care Fluoride Toothpaste:
- The toothpaste is ideal for children.
- It comes in a range of attractive flavors.
- The product comes in both fluoride and fluoride-free variants.
- It is free from dyes and preservatives.
- It has a very liquid-like consistency and this might lead to a mess.
- If swallowed, it causes stomach ache in children.
Sensodyne True White Sensitive Teeth Toothpaste
Most whitening toothpastes have an inherent abrasive texture which poses as a hindrance for people with sensitive teeth. However, the Sensodyne True White sensitive teeth toothpaste has a lesser abrasive texture that whitens sensitive teeth without any issues. This toothpaste works by forming a protective layer over your teeth and preventing the formation of stains on your teeth as you consume food and drinks. It works by using sodium tripolyphosphate to ward away stains and potassium nitrate to deal with sensitivity. The toothpaste has a very mild flavor and a very smooth structure. On top of that, it comes in at a relatively lower price. The only downsides are, again, the flavor and the tube’s construction.
Pros and Cons of Sensodyne True White Sensitive Teeth Toothpaste:
- This is one of the best toothpastes for sensitive teeth.
- The toothpaste has a very smooth texture and is hardly abrasive.
- It is good for whitening sensitive teeth.
- It forms a protective layer and keeps stains away.
- It has a very weird minty taste.
- The toothpaste tube can rupture easily.
- The whitening functionality of this toothpaste for non-sensitive teeth is limited.
Nature’s Gate Natural Toothpaste
Most toothpastes are made up of ingredients that some people might even find a problem in pronouncing! They are essentially hoards of chemical jargon that we don’t usually follow.
Enter the Nature’s Gate Natural Toothpaste.
This toothpaste contains ingredients that literally anyone can identify. These include ginger, aloe, white tea, pomegranate, cranberry and grapeseed. So the toothpaste has no artificial ingredients, flavors and colors. It is the most ‘natural’ toothpaste that you can ever find.
However, it is to be noted that this toothpaste contains sodium lauroyl sarcosinate (SLS), which is required to produce the characteristic foam texture associated with a toothpaste. Though the presence of SLS makes the Nature’s Gate toothpaste fall short of being 100% natural, it is to be understood that it is a necessary addition. You can take homage in the fact that it doesn’t contain sodium lauryl sulfate, another common foaming agent that is found in almost all renowned toothpastes.
Nonetheless, this toothpaste is amazingly efficient and does it job as well as (if not more) the other toothpastes in the market. It fives you a very pleasing breath and a feeling of being clean for a pretty long time after brushing. This toothpaste is undoubtedly the best means to get nature into oral care.
Pros and Cons of Nature’s Gate Natural Toothpaste:
- Even a layman can identify the ingredients present in the toothpaste.
- It has a better consistency than most of its peers.
- It gives you a very clean feeling in the mouth.
- This toothpaste is the best natural toothpaste that you can find in the market.
- The taste is said to be pretty bland.
- It has a chalky texture which might induce the gag reflex in some people.
- The amount of freshness you derive from this toothpaste is cited to be not as good as most commercial ones.
Livionex Dental Gel
Plaque is one of the most common occurrences in a person’t teeth. This yellow and sticky deposit known as plaque becomes a hotbed for germs to thrive and is often one of the main agendas behind oral care. The Livionex dental gel is the undisputed king when it comes to removing plaque and is said to be about twice as effective than most commercial toothpastes in cleaning your mouth. This toothpaste works at a deep-rooted level and starts removing plaque right from he first use.
It also comes in an attractive pump packaging which makes the experience of using this product all the more special. Dentists simply can’t get enough of this toothpaste and they strongly recommend it. It is easy to see why!
Pros and Cons of Livionex Dental Gel:
- The gel is super effective in removing plaque.
- It cleans two times for effectively than most of its peers.
- The toothpaste comes in a pump packaging that facilitates its usage.
- The product is more expensive than most commercial toothpastes.
- It doesn’t focus much on giving your mouth a fresh breath.
Crest Complete Whitening Toothpaste
‘Clean’ and ‘Fresh’ go on a date together in this toothpaste which gives you the breath freshening zing of Scope mint and the stain eradicating prowess of Crest. You’ll hardly ever come across a toothpaste that serves both purposes together and this particular toothpaste excels in it.
The toothpaste effectively removes all the stains, strengthens your teeth and fights cavities while leaving your mouth with a strong dash of freshness and sparkling teeth!
When clean and fresh got together, they created a toothpaste that delivers the stain-removing power of Crest and the breath freshening blast of minty Scope. It’s the ultimate combination of clean and fresh: it helps fight cavities, prevents tartar, and provides teeth whitening and cleaning action that helps to remove surface stains, all while helping to keep your breath minty fresh and ready for anything.
Pros and Cons of Crest Complete Whitening Toothpaste:
- It leaves your mouth with an extremely fresh breath.
- The toothpaste removes stains with utmost efficiency.
- It has a very appealing taste that you would surely like.
- Both the taste and the freshness are long lasting.
- The toothpaste tends to clog and solidify at the base of the toothbrush.
Toothpaste is an essential part of everyone’s life and it is critical to maintain good oral hygiene throughout the course of the day. The toothpastes enlisted in the article serve the aspects of oral care with utmost efficiency and would surely minimize your visits to the dentist. Brush your teeth twice a day with these toothpastes and we can bet that you will love smiling more than ever!
Each of these toothpastes excel in one particular area or the other. Your dentist would recommend you one of these toothpastes based on the primary oral issue you are potentially facing. One toothpaste scores for sensitive teeth while the other caters to children. So we would suggest you to take your pick based on what exactly you are expecting out of your toothpaste. Happy smiles!