Stretch marks and Scars, an Introduction:
Stretch marks are beautiful. They have a story to speak for themselves. While some come as a result of pregnancy while others happen as a result of sudden weight loss (or even weight gain), puberty or are just a part of family history. Stretch marks can be cured if you take precautions and proper care of your body. So, do you want to know how merry your skin can be?
In this article, we will be reviewing Body Merry Stretch Marks and Scars Cream that can be the solution for all your problems. Got that scar from an age-old childhood injury or got stretchmarks from long days at the gym or simply making space for your baby? Well, Body Merry Stretch Marks and Scars Cream can be your solution to all problems.
Stretch marks (medically termed as striae) are nothing but a form of blotch that occurs on the skin and has an off-color hue that makes it presence known to the eyes. They may diminish with time, but they do not have the tendency to disappear completely. Stretch marks are formed during the rapid growth of the human body, for example, during various stages of puberty or during advancement of pregnancy.
During pregnancy stretch marks are usually form during the last trimester as the uterus expands to accommodate the baby, the skin too needs to stretch to give out more space. Stretch marks formed during pregnancy are usually experienced in the belly region. The other parts they also mark their presence is on the breasts, thighs, hips, lower back, and buttocks. In the medical world, stretch marks are known as striae gravidarum.
Home remedies for Stretch Marks and Scars:
- Cocoa Butter:
Cocoa butter is an effective ingredient that you can use to get rid of for stretch marks. It works by adequately hydrating your skin. It penetrates into the deeper layers of the skin and replenishes and repairs damaged cells. You can also apply just cocoa butter on the affected area twice a day. After a couple of months, the stretch marks may vanish.
Things you will need:
- 1/2 cup of cocoa butter
- 1 tablespoon of wheat germ oil
- 2 teaspoons of beeswax
- 1 tablespoon of apricot oil
- 1 tablespoon of vitamin E oil
- 1 tablespoon of kernel oil
Preparing the mask:
- Put all the ingredients in a pan and place it on the stove. Heat until the beeswax melts completely
- Store the mask in an airtight container
- Apply this mask on the affected area and massage for some time. Allow the mask to get absorbed by your skin
- Apply this mask about twice or thrice a day
- Shea Butter:
Shea butter possesses properties that are antioxidant and anti-inflammatory in nature. Apart from that, the shea butter is excellent in moisturizing the skin. The regular application of shea butter can help keep the skin healthy and does repair any damaged cells that are present in the affected area.
Things you will need:
- Shea butter
- Olive Oil
Preparing the mask:
- In a pan heat some Olive Oil
- Once it starts heating, add shea butter to it and let it melt
- Turn off the heat and let the butter sit at room temperature
- Apply this mask as many times as you want
- Coffee Scrub:
Coffee is a very known source that is highly rich in caffeine. Caffeine is responsible for the high metabolic activities that take place after its consumption. Caffeine can penetrate the skin quite easily. It causes stimulates degradation of fats that lay under the skin. Coffee is also rich in antioxidants. A very gentle and aimed scrubbing motion on the affected area can enhance the blood flow and diminish stretch marks.
Things you will need:
- Coffee grounds
- Aloe Vera or Olive Oil
Preparing the scrub:
- Mix warm water, aloe vera gel/olive oil, and coffee grounds to make a paste
- Take some amount of this paste on your fingers and scrub the affected area
- Keep scrubbing gently for 5-7 minutes
- Rinse with warm water and moisturize
- Use this scrub daily
- Baking Soda:
Baking soda works by exfoliating the skin and removing layers of dead skin. This leads to the lightening of the affected area.
Things you will need:
- One tablespoon of baking soda
- One tablespoon of lemon
Preparing the paste:
- Mix lemon juice and baking soda to form a paste
- Apply this paste on the affected area and rest for 20-30 minutes
- Wash using warm water
- Apply this paste everyday for quick result
- Apple Cider Vinegar:
Apple Cider Vinegar is a rich source of acetic and malic acid. These two acids actively work for lightening deep scars and stretch marks.
Things you will need:
- A cup of apple cider vinegar
- Two cups of water
- A spray bottle
Preparing the spray:
- Mix one cup of Apple Cider Vinegar in two cups of water
- Transfer this mix in the spray bottle
- Spray the solution mix on the affected area every night
- Do not use concentrated Apple Cider Vinegar as it may burn the skin
Though every stretch mark or scar on the skin tells a story for itself, it is sometimes desired to get rid of them because every day is a new chapter in life. Here is Body Merry Stretch Marks and Scars Cream, an elixir for anyone who wants to get rid of stretch marks and scars.
Body Merry Stretch Marks and Scars Cream, Reviewed:
Body Merry Stretch Marks & Scars Defense Cream Daily Moisturizer:
The Body Merry’s body butter can help in reducing as well as in preventing the aspect of scars or stretch marks. The cream works by firming and meanwhile moisturizing the skin with an effective blend of quality and natural ingredients. The Body Merry Stretch Marks & Scars Defense Cream Daily Moisturizer lotion is formulated keeping in mind that fact that it is to deliver intense hydration to the skin and give protection to help in smoothening rough skin and marks. This way, the lotion provides immense relief to your skin. The lotion is a very gentle and powerful remedy when it comes to the stoppage of various keloids, dark marks, surgery scars or stretch marks.
- Aqua (Water)
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Organic Aloe)
- Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Organic Cocoa)
- Ricinus Communis Seed Oil (Organic Castor Seed)
- Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil (Organic Sunflower Oil)
- Globularia Cordifolia Callus Culture Extract (plant stem cells)
- Glycerin (Kosher Vegetable)
- Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate SE
- Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3)
- Panthenol (Vitamin B5)
- Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E)
- Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C)
- Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (Organic Jojoba)
- Oenothera Biennis Seed Oil (Organic Evening Primrose)
- Rubus Idaeus Seed Oil (Raspberry Seed)
- Persea Gratissima Seed Oil (Avocado)
- Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil (Grapeseed)
- Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil (Organic Hempseed)
- Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)
- Equisetum Arvense Extract (Horsetail)
- Centella Asiatica Extract (Organic Gotu Kola)
- Algae Extract (Seaweed Keratin)
- Camelia Oleifera Leaf Extract (Green Tea)
- Citrus Grandis Extract (Grapefruit Seed)
- Glyceryl Stearate Citrate
- Sodium Carbomer
- Xanthan Gum
How to use it:
- Wash and dry your skin completely. Use fresh towels to do so.
- Take a small quantity of the moisturizer at the tip of your finger and apply the moisturizer on the affected area
- Apply twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening
- It blends with the skin like a second layer
- Has got a smooth aroma of cocoa butter
- Is non-greasy
- The cream is natural and is plant based
- Does not irritate the skin at all
- The cream is ideal for all skin types
- For better results, you can pair this moisturizer with the serum
- The smell may cause nausea if you are too sensitive to smell
Some FAQs about Body Merry Stretch Marks and Scars Cream:
- Can men use this?
A. Yes, absolutely! Stretch marks affect both, men and women. the Body Merry Stretch Marks and Scars Cream can be your solution.
- How long I will have to keep using this product?
A. You can keep using this product for as long as you want or, you can stop once stretch marks have diminished to your desire.
- Is buying the serum worth it?
A. It is a personal choice. Though, we suggest you buy the serum as you will be experiencing faster recovery with the application of both the products.
- Is the container travel-friendly?
A. Yes, the container is travel-friendly.
- Is this product cruelty-free?
A. Yes, the product is 100% cruelty-free.
What Causes Stretch Marks?
Stretch marks form a result of excessive skin stretching and tearing of the dermis. Also, a sudden increase in the rush of Cortisone hormone’s flow in the body is also responsible for the marks and scars that mark their presence on the skin. Cortisone is a hormone that is produced naturally in the body by the adrenal glands. Since too much of anything is bad, similarly having too much secretion of this hormone can make the skin lose its elasticity over time. Stretch marks can also be affected by the hormonal changes that are linked with parameters like growth during puberty years, the onset of developments that happen during pregnancy, rapid bodybuilding, or a mere hormone replacement therapy. Various syndromes like the Cushing’s syndrome, Marfan’s syndrome, Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, and several other adrenal gland disorders can also be the cause of stretch marks as they advance by increasing the amount of cortisone that is produced in the body. Any of these can be the reason behind the occurrence of stretch marks.
Who is vulnerable to the occurrence of Stretch Marks?
Following is a list that tells who is highly vulnerable to developing stretch marks:
- Being a woman makes you prone to developing stretch marks
- Anyone who has a pale skin complexion
- Someone who has a family history of stretch marks
- Pregnant women because their body will keep expanding to accommodate the growing baby
- Women who have had a history of delivering large babies or multiple babies at once
- Being on the bigger side on the weighing machine
- Having experienced dramatic weight loss or gain
- Using too much of Corticosteroid medications for a really long period of time
Tips to prevent stretch marks from reoccurring:
Before we talk about the tips that will help you get rid of stretch marks, we need to understand that stretch marks target certain areas, these areas are:
- The Stomach
- The Chest
- The Hips
- The Thighs
Stretch marks vary in color, they can look red, purple, or silver in appearance.
Here are the top 4 ways you can combat stretch marks:
- Maintain a constant weight:
The most basic of things you can do to prevent stretch marks from occurring, whether if you are pregnant or not, is to maintain a healthy and constant weight. Stretch marks usually happen when the skin gets pulled apart suddenly as a result of rapid weight gain. In fact, stretch marks can also be noticed after rapid weight loss. For some people stretch marks may develop during growth years. While for others, like bodybuilders, stretch marks are noticed after huge gains as a result of working out or after using steroids.
- Drink ample water and stay hydrated:
Drinking adequate amount of water will help keep your skin hydrated. It is observed that soft skin usually does not easily tend to develop stretch marks as much as dry skin would do. The Institute of Medicine’s current recommendations for daily water intake is about 104 ounces for men and about 72 ounces for women.
Whereas drinking caffeinated beverages, like coffee, may actually lead to increasing your risk of developing stretch marks. If you too much drink coffee, make sure you are maintaining a balancing act of your fluid intake by consuming plenty of water, herbal tea, and other fluids that do not have caffeine in them.
- Eat a nutrient-rich diet:
Stretch marks may also occur as a reason for lack of nutrition in certain areas of the body. Consuming foods that can boost skin health may help in limiting the wide-spread of stretch marks.
It is essential to include foods that are rich in:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
One of the best ways to ensure that you are getting a variety of nutrients in your diet is to opt for unprocessed foods.
- If you see fresh stretch marks, treat them immediately:
You cannot completely take enough measures to ensure stretch marks do not happen on your skin. All you can do is work to minimize their frequent appearances so they are not noticeable as time progresses.
Call for an appointment with your doctor or a dermatologist and discuss your concerns and options if you have been seeing the appearance of fresh stretch marks. The doctor or dermatologist can help you in determining what is the reason behind your marks, and they may suggest treatment options that may work and pause the spread of stretch marks.
Body Merry Stretch Marks and Scars Cream is amazing in diminishing stretch marks and scars that have appeared on your skin as a result of puberty, pregnancy, weight gain or loss, or by as a result of accidents.
Made with about 75% natural ingredients, the Body Merry Stretch Marks and Scars Cream is worth a try. We highly recommend it.